Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Day Before Leaving

I’m going to go back a couple of days for this blog post to the day before leaving for Mexico. Obviously I was ridiculously nervous and had a million different thngs to do.
All of the things that I needed to pack...minus the cat of course

The day started off with a slight inconvenience. Nathan had asked for the day off of work (they are working on a big project at work and have been working lots of weekends ) and they granted it to him. However, things didn’t go as planned the day before and they needed him to go into work for a couple of hours in the morning. Apparently, things didn’t go as planned once again so he had to stay a few hours later than originally anticipated. It wasn’t a huge deal, we are rather used to his work not going quite as planned…but to be frank, it still sucked.

I went out to lunch with my friend Lantz who I don’t see very often. It was his only day off in the week before I left, so it was then or never. We went to Applebees and I had a rather delicious steak with cracked pepper and asiago cheese on top. After that little break it was back home to finish packing and all the other last minute details that hadn’t been accomplished.

I knew that Nathan was going to cook me a dinner that night…but I didn’t really realize the lengths that he planned to go to in order to make it special and memorable. I wasn’t allowed in the kitchen or dining room while he was preparing everything which wasn’t really that big of a deal since I still had so much that needed to be done! However, when I finally was allowed to go into the dining room I was met with a wonderful surprise. Nathan had sprinkled rose petals over half of the dining room table, placed 4 or so roses in a vase, and had the most appetizing tray of fruits set out for me. If you know me, you know that I love fruit. They were all berries too! We had strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberrys plus a chocolate dip and a cream cheese dip for added flavor. He also had my ring box on the table since it was time for me to switch my regular engagement ring with the diamond on it for one that would draw less attention in Mexico (it is a lovely white gold band that is engraved with “N&H Forever”).





Pictures from our good-bye dinner
He cooked my favorite meal that he makes. Grilled chicken with baby red potatoes and mushrooms. It is absolutely fantastic the way that he prepares it. I’m definitely marrying a good chef! We enjoyed a fantastic, romantic dinner together and I can’t express how grateful I am to have such a loving and romantic fiance. It is the type of thing that you see in the movies but never expect to happen to you. It definitely made me feel a little better about leaving. I know that he’ll be there waiting and ready to move forward with wedding plans when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Anything for you my love! It was romantic, but a little heartbreaking at the same time... I miss you sweetheart, so much! I can't wait to readabout the rest of your week so far! I Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that found such a wonderful man to share your future with. It gives me real peace of mind to know that you get treated so wonderfully. Actually makes most of "girls" a little jealous that you get such royal treatment. Laugh, Love and Enjoy. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete